Brochures, Forms & Manuals
Your child will discover new skills and new friends as they embark on one adventure after another! Located in Carroll County, Camp Hashawha offers so many exciting activities that are sure to please!
Hashawha Center, 300 John Owings Rd., Westminster, MD 21158
Entering Grades 3-10
Weeks & Themes
June 18 - June 22: Under the Big Top - Experience what it's like to be at a circus! Juggling, circus games, even a bear riding a tricycle! Dance the night away at the circus jam!
July 2 - July 6: Pirates of the Caribbean - Ahoy Matey! Climb aboard the pirate ship and sail through a week o' great adventure on the Hashawha sea! Search for treasure and enjoy a good hearty meal. Arrrgh ya ready?!
July 9 - July 13: Hawaiian Hullabaloo - Aloha from Camp Hashawha! Make your own surf boards and seashell crafts, trek through muddy lava in the volcano run, shake your hips at the luau!
July 23 - July 27: Knights & Princesses - Help! Rescue Queen Anne from the evil dragon's lair! There will be jousting, sword making, archery, camp jester contest and more!
August 6 - August 10: Mystery Week - Can you and your bunkmates be the first to solve the mystery of the day? Clues are revealed as you move through one activity to the next. Connect the dots to solve the mystery before 'lights out' and claim your reward!
August 13 - August 17: Survivor Reunion Week - Back by popular demand! New and returning campers will compete in survivor ball, relay races, swimming pool dance-offs and capture the flag "survivor style."
Archery, Camp Fires, Fishing, Sports, Swimming/Swim Lessons, Canoeing, Tons of Games, Crafts, Confidence Course, Environmental Education, Team Building, Hiking, and so much more!
Modern Cabins with indoor shower/toilet facilities, Outdoor Pool, Sports Fields, Hiking Trails, Lake Hashawha, Nature Center, Pavilions, Dining Hall and more!
Tasty Meals May Include:
- Breakfast: Fresh fruit, yogurt, french toast, cereal, pancakes, scrambled eggs, milk, juice, sausage, bacon and more
- Lunch/Dinner: Fajitas, chicken, tacos, meatball subs, veggies, salad, hot dogs, hamburgers, spaghetti and more
Every effort will be made to accommodate special dietary needs.
All activities are designed with safety in mind. All Y Associates are CPR and First Aid certified.
For your added convenience, there are several options available for camper drop-off and pick-up:
- On-site at Camp Hashawha: Campers can be dropped off at Camp Hashawha on Mondays at 9:00am and picked up on Fridays at 11:00am.
- The Hill Y in Westminster (Hill): Campers can be dropped off at the Hill Y in Westminster on Mondays between 7am - 10am and picked up on Fridays by 6pm. Transportation is provided to and from Camp Hashawha free of charge!
- Shuttle Bus Locations: A Camp Hashawha shuttle bus picks-up/drops-off at the Y in Arnold, the Y in Ellicott City (Dancel), the Y in Parkville and the Y in Abingdon (Ward). Non-refundable/non-transferable fee: $20 each way per child/per week.
Camp Hashawha Weekly Rates
*Rates includes non-refundable $25 deposit.
Camp Puh'tok introduces a brand new kind of Y Camp experience in 2018! Camp Puh'tok sits one 67 pristine acres surrounded by hundreds of acres of park lands, brimming with all the wonder nature has to offer. Your child will delight in clear running streams, majestic forests, critters of all shapes and sizes, and green grassy meadows. We promise an experience that is all too rare these days –a sense of awe produced without screens, consoles, or speakers – just pure nature!
Registration for Camp Puh'tok begins January 23rd. Keep an eye out for more information in the coming weeks online and in your mailbox.
Camp Puh'tok, 17433 Big Falls Road, Monkton, MD 21111
Entering Grades 2 - 11
Ages 7 - 16
One Week or Two Week Sessions
One Week Sessions
- Session 1A: June 24 - June 29
- Session 1B: July 1 - July 6
- Session 2A: July 8 - July 13
- Session 2B: July 15 - July 20
- Session 3A: July 22 - July 27
- Session 3B: July 29 - August 3
- Session 4A: August 5 - August 10
- Session 4B: August 12 - August 17
Two Week Sessions
- Session 1: June 24 - July 6
- Session 2: July 8 - July 20
- Session 3: July 22 - August 3
- Session 4: August 8 - August 17
Outdoor Cooking, Archery and Riflery, Climbing Tower, High and Low Ropes Course, Tubing, Canoeing, Survival Skills, Swimming, Tons of Games, Crafts, Nature Studies, Gaga Ball, Native American Crafts and Dance, and so much more! Activities vary based on age.
Campers enjoy our unique facilities. We offer rustic Native American and Wild West inspired dwellings, as well as modern chalets, log cabins, and an authentic fort. Our modern lodgings offer all the comforts of home including heat, air conditioning and full bathrooms.
Kids and parents love our associates of professionals and college students. All are certified in First Aid and CPR and have passed a stringent background check. A registered nurse is available around the clock. Most importantly.. Our 1:6 staff to student ratio means we are always available to meet your child’s needs.
For your added convenience, we are planning transportation drop-off and pick-up at the Y in Towson (Orokawa) and possibly the Y in Parkville. More to come.
Camp Puh'tok Rates
|One Week Rates
||Two Week Rates
|$600 Ages 7-12
||$1,200 Ages 7-12
|$700 Ages 13-16
||$1,400 Ages 13-16